Posted by OCFoodallergy on Apr 20, 2013 in Support Group | 0 comments
The FARE Conference (previously FAAN) is returning to Anaheim this year on June 1, 2013. The conference, held at the Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, is a full day program that allows teens and adults with food allergies, families, caregivers, and school personnel to gather to learn the latest in food allergy research, best practices, and to network with one another.
Registration for the event varies betwen $50 and $125 for the event. Additionally, attendees can receive discounted rooms at the Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel & Spa for $194 per night (normally over $400 per night). Last year, the family was able to attend the event and enjoy the resort.
Food Allergy topics this year include:
- Understanding Food Allergies
- Emerging Therapies for Food Allergy
- Breakout A: Safely Navigating the Restaurant Scene
- Coping with Food Allergies: The Importance of Mental Wellness
- Safety and Inclusion in Schools
- Raising the Bar for Allergy-free Energy Bars
- Maintaining a Healthy Diet with Food Allergies
- Partnering with Your School’s Nurse
- Living and Thriving with Food Allergies: A Teen Success Panel
For questions on the event or to find out more, please visit the FARE website at: http://www.foodallergy.org/conferences/anaheim, call 1-800-929-4040 or email [email protected].